The holidays can be fun, but they also can be a source of great stress — Holiday pressures can ruin what’s supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year. But what if you decided not to let them get to you?
Nearly half of all U.S. women experience heightened stress during the holidays at great risk to the health of their minds and bodies, according to a national survey by the American Psychological Association.
How's your stress level? Feeling calm and relaxed, or hurried and anxious? Are you sleeping okay? Keeping healthy habits? How about your friends?
As girlfriends we look out for each other, right? Well, female friendship actually makes us healthier and less stressed. Plus, it's just fun.
Give the gift of your time - spend it with your girlfriends over the holidays. You'll lower your stress levels, make memories and have fun. Be each other's seasonal stress solution.
Recognize holiday triggers
Learn to recognize common holiday triggers, so you can disarm them before they lead to a meltdown:
* Realize that the anxiety you are experiencing is common. Financial burdens around gift giving and extra chores when entertaining can make you feel stressed. Accept this as a normal reaction.
* Make sure that you have realistic expectations and don't take everything personally. Some family members may be struggling with financial, business or marital issues that have nothing to do with you.
* You don't have to be all things to all people all the time. It will make it easier for everyone to have an open mind and an accepting heart.
* Put aside differences and avoid hot button issues. Sibling rivalry and unfinished family business are bound to surface. Despite how hard it may be, go for the higher ground and walk away from misunderstandings. But agree to finish the conversation at a later time.
* Consider what you love about your family and let them know how grateful you are they're a part of your life. Be sure to point out their positive qualities and personal strengths rather than focusing on the negatives. And realize that having feelings of gratitude and forgiveness are a gift you give yourself.
Be a role model for your children.
Visit the link below for more helpful tip on HOLIDAY STRESS
Holiday Stress: How to stay calm during the mad scramble of the holidays
Remember to laugh ladies throughout the holiday season...it reduces stress!
"Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet."
Certified Life for Women