Thursday, January 14, 2010
Are you living the life of creativity and happiness that you’ve always dreamed of, or are you allowing your fears or other outside factors to influence you?
Following the path that your heart’s desires requires courage and might require a shift in attitude. There are several methods you can use to act as your own life coach and start working toward the life you dream of.
Ideas for self-improvement
You don’t need to change every aspect of your life at once in order to improve your attitude and outlook on life. Self-improvement can feel daunting if you try to change everything at once.
A good way to embark on your journey of self-coaching is to make one change and see what kind of impact it has upon your life. The following tips are designed to help you improve your life and become your own life coach. Try out one of the following tips at a time to positively impact your attitude and daily life.
1. Find some ‘you’ time. Everyone needs time alone to meditate and recharge. You may think you don’t have extra time in your day. Start with 10-20 minutes to use for meditation or silent reflection.
2. Ask yourself what you truly want in life. Are you living your life according to your true dreams and desires? You may be unaware of your desires that lie hidden beneath your surface needs and wants, so take the time to find out.
3. Write everything down. Even if your thought seems silly, write it down! You may be surprised by the inspiration and ideas you can come up with.
4. Journal daily, but with a twist. Instead of just writing about today, try writing about yesterday.
5. Keep track of the “happy moments.” Each day has potential for many small moments that bring joy and happiness. If you don’t make a special note of them, you may not even recognize the small joys in your day.
6. Choose one task each night to complete the next day. This way, you have focus, and you accomplish at least one task. Tasking and taxing yourself with effort is important in reaching goals.
7. Smile when you wake up. Smiling is contagious. By smiling you improve your mood and can potentially improve someone else’s day as well.
8. Give thanks each night. Gratitude will improve your outlook on life and help you see all the good and wonderful moments of your day.
9. Try something new. A new experience fuels creativity and your enjoyment of the day.
10. Create at least one memorable moment each day. Make each day unforgettable, even if in a small way!
One of the most common complaints of clients who want life balance coaching is that their plate is fuller than full. Many of us have so many responsibilities in life that we forget to take care of ourselves. And while it’s hard to prioritize something like taking a bath when you have so many other priorities in life, self care is an important aspect of stress management. A massage, soak in the tub or other forms of pampering revitalize you inside and out.